Monday, January 29, 2007

Menu-planning Monday

Nancy has declared Mondays to be Menu-Planning Mondays, which sounds like a pretty good idea to me! I know that my week always goes so much more smoothly when I have my meals planned out ahead of time! I'm a big fan of MenuMailer, but I also use recipes I've found online, in cookbooks, from friends or just very simple foods that I happen to like. MenuMailer has worked well for me because it's helped me try foods or cooking styles that I may not have approached on my own. At the very least, it inspires me to actually plan our meals even if I don't end up using the MenuMailer meals that week! If you've never checked it out, I highly recommend it!

Here's what I have planned for the week:

Sunday - Cozy Cheese Strata (toast, cheese, milk, eggs, all baked together) with salad, creamed spinach and baby carrots

Monday - Pork Chops with Cream Gravy, smashed sweet potatoes and steamed cauliflower topped with spicy brown mustard and shredded cheddar cheese

Tuesday - Asian Chicken Salad with sliced pears drizzled with honey and steamed sugar snap beans

Wednesday - Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers with salad and a veggie

Thursday - Islander Chicken Drumsticks with salad, smashed potatoes and broccoli

Friday - WooHoo!!!! I'll be eating at the buffet on my annual scrapbooking weekend. The rest of the family will be having dinner at the synagogue because it's the annual Preschool/Kindergarten Shabbat Dinner & Services that night. We're all off the hook!

So, what are YOU eating this week????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, thanks for the credit there, Perky, but it wasn't me. I got it from I'm an Organizing Junkie. I'm glad you've joined us, though!

Domestic Goddess said...

Can I come to your house for dinner?

I really need to get my tush moving on the meal planning.

Happy said...

I've already admitted my meal planning flaws. I have REALLY REALLY been trying to incorporate more veggies into dinner. It's easy to just make dinner, but I have a hard time making the veggie because that's another dish an more work. Seriously, the basis for my problem is laziness.