Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Feast

Appetizer
Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
Hmmmmm. I really don't have a particular favorite person. I do get most of my news from NPR, however, and there's many people there that I like to listen to. Maybe Scott Simon, who anchors Weekend Edition Saturday. He always sounds like he's really enjoying his job. Of course, much of the news he reports is not happy news, but even when he's talking about evil events around the world, I still get the impression that he means what he says. He always manages to sound like a real person and not a talking head. My favorite moment was when he announced that he would be off for a few weeks because he was going to China to meet his new daughter. The joy in his voice brought tears to my eyes.

Soup
Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.
Wow. What's not in my freezer right now? Here's three - Chorizo Sausage, Chopped Lemongrass, and homemade blackbean soup.

Salad
If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?
Ha! A few years ago when RockStar and I were touring Yellowstone National Park with friends, I was so enamored of the area around the North Entrance that I kept saying that I was going to buy the town one day when I hit the lottery. The name? Abster, Montana! I liked the sound of it so much that I've actually used AbsterMontana as a screenname on some websites!

Main Course
What will most likely be the next book you read?
I need to finish Pride and Prejudice, which is currently on my bedside table. Then, I might read the last two books in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events series. Also, with the final Harry Potter book coming in July, I might start re-reading the series in anticipation.

Dessert
What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?
Same thing I notice in everyone -- their attitude. Do they seem happy? Angry? Upset? Frustrated? Impatient? Silly? Fun? Nice? Pleasant? Uppity?

No comments: