Friday, July 6, 2007

July = Harry Potter month!!!!

At least, at our house it does!!!

I've been a Harry Potter fan ever since I bought the first three books for a young friend of mine in late '99 or early '00. My husband picked up the habit with the movies and I introduced my boys to the wonderful world of Harry Potter soon after bringing them home from Russia two and a half years ago. They were immediately entranced by the movies. Recently, we read the first book at bedtimes and have since started the second one. Me, I've read all the books multiple times, desperately trying to glean clues about future books. My boys can now pretty much quote their way through the movies, especially Goblet of Fire, which is their favorite one so far.

So, next Wednesday (opening day), we will all see the new movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at our local IMAX theatre. I bought the tickets online literally within minutes after they'd gone on sale. Can you tell I'm excited?

And, as if that's not good enough, the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out just over a week later on Saturday, July 21st. I'll be away at a family reunion that weekend, but when I ordered the book from Amazon, I put the hotel as my shipping address! I can't wait to sit on the beach and read the final Harry Potter book!!!!

No comments: