Nancy tagged me with this. Thanks, Nancy!
Here Are The Rules
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I chew pens. I don't mean nibble or roll them around in my mouth. I mean CHEW them. My favorites are Bic Round stics because they're soft enough that they don't splinter (like a Papermate Ballpoint) and the cap doesn't pop out immediately. It is a horrible, disgusting, dirty habit, but I don't even know that I'm doing it most of the time! It's so bad that my kids YELL at me to get the pen out of my mouth. Before CutiePie could even talk, he'd point at my mouth and grunt in a VERY disapproving manner!
2. My secret dream job is to be a Park Ranger. I love being outside, I love talking, I love meeting people for very short periods of time, I love being an expert on something and I love introducing people to nature. Perfect, huh?
3. I'm going grey. Wah! It doesn't matter tooooo much, I suppose, because I've colored my hair since college. But it just seems different to be coloring it for fun and coloring it because I "have" to.
4. At the end of last week, I miscalculated and thought that my period was a week late. For about two days, the possibility that I was pregnant followed me everywhere. I didn't really think it was, but it was enough to make me wonder. Finally, at some point on Saturday, I had a few moments to think clearly about it and realized that I had somehow inserted an extra week into the month of April and that I wouldn't be late until today. Sure enough, Sunday morning, right on schedule..... well, you know!
5. When I was a child, I had a pretty serious speech impediment. After years and years of speech therapy, we finally found the right program for me and it stuck. I actually still have the problem, but I've been trained to speak correctly, so I don't screw up much. However, when I'm really tired I'll sometimes start slipping.
6. I love to mow the lawn. I have a standard push mower that is nothing fancy. I just like being outside, moving around, surrounded by white noise and not being bothered for 45 minutes. I also love to be able to immediately see the difference I've made in the lawn and I LOVE the way it looks when I'm done. I actually fight my husband for the lawnmower! Last week, I mowed my neighbors' lawn for them. They'd just had a baby and were out of town and their lawn was OUT OF CONTROL, so I mowed for them. They thought it was such a big sacrifice on my part. Little did they know that RockStar had beat me to mowing our lawn, so I was just looking for a lawn to mow!
7. I need more time alone. I like people. Really I do. I love my family - honestly. BUT, I really need more time with ME! Just to hang out, read, walk, think, etc... I'm very independent and don't mind doing anything by myself (going out to eat, movies, hiking, travelling, shopping) and I actually enjoy it. I've gone on vacation by myself and had a wonderful time! I just feel like, except for commuting to work in my car, I'm always surrounded by people. Even though I'm usually having a good time with all those people, I need a little more room!
8. At this point in my life, I'm a pretty optimistic person. I haven't always been, but right now, I'm comfortable enough with my life and my surroundings that I'm usually able to see the "silver linings" of life and of people. The little things that used to get me down and stick with me just don't anymore! I'm happy most of the time.
Hmmmm..... who to tag? Let's see...... how about ChaoticMom, Trace, ChipmunkMomma, Laura, Melissa, the lovely folks waiting for Buttercup, Greg Fishbone, and MommyBrain! TAG guys! You're it!!!