Friday, April 25, 2008

Frugal Friday

Since I've been making such a concerted effort to save money this year, I've really gotten into reading blogs dedicated to finances and frugality. When I discovered the Frugal Friday meme, it just seemed natural for me to join in, so here goes......


I had to fill a prescription today. In the past, I'd just drive down to my local CVS and fill it there. We've got a pretty good health plan, so even "expensive" prescriptions cost us no more than $15. In this case, CutiePie's doctor was pretty sure that our insurance wouldn't cover this particular drug unless "medically necessary", which it's not -- the doctor just prefers it over the other options. So, he gave us a coupon for a free month's prescription, so we can debate with the insurance company during that time. Anyway, instead of just doing what I've always done, thoughtlessly, without a plan, this time, I called all the local pharmacies to see who was having a special this week. I found that Target had a coupon in their flyer that offered a $10 gift card with every new prescription!!!! So, I went to Target this morning and walked out with a FREE months' prescription AND a $10 gift card!!!! I didn't pay a thing!

I'm going to go back before this deal ends on May 5th and fill the prescription for the other med the doctor prescribed!!!!

I think that's pretty frugal, don't you??????

2 comments:

Happy said...

Oh frugal one... Are you on Rock Star's insurance? If so, how have you been able to finagle going to the drug store instead of doing the prescription by mail? We have the Traditional PPO and unless it's a one time med it's far far far cheaper to go through mail order (brand name 30.00 for 3 months and you can get a script for a year by asking for 4 refills).

Mom2fur said...

I think you did a great job!