Thursday, August 7, 2008

Uh, hello? Anyone here????

So it was pointed out to me rather bluntly last night that I've been neglecting you. That I've abandoned you. That I never visit anymore. Aside from the fact that it sounds like the beginning (and middle and end, for that matter) of a conversation with a Jewish mother, I have to admit that it's true.

Why DON'T I post more? Seriously? I don't know. I read blogs faithfully every day and I'm quick to add them to my Bloglines list. I hang on every word and look forward to hearing about the minutiae of my fellow bloggers' lives. So, why don't I update my blog more often? Maybe I feel like what I have to say isn't interesting. Maybe I'm being a perfectionist in the FlyLady sense and I'm unwilling to post unless I've crafted a beautifully well-written, articulate and meaningful diatribe about a subject of critical social relevance? Maybe I feel that I can't compete with her, her, him or her? Maybe I'm just lazy?

Probably a little bit of all those!

So, what do I need to do to convince myself to blog more? Here's my thoughts:

* Believe that blogging is a two-way relationship -- if I'm looking into the lives and thoughts of others, I need to be willing to open up my own thoughts and life, too!

* Remember how much FUN it is! I love getting feedback through comments and links!

* Enjoy expressing myself in my own way!

* Most of all, remember that this blog is what I make of it -- it can be anything I want it to be!


Okay, ladies -- you've convinced me to be a better (read: more diligent) blogger. Be careful what you wish for!

3 comments:

Happy said...

Okey doke, we'll be waiting...

Unknown said...

You don't need to compete...You're a beautiful writer. We miss you. Hurry back soon!

Domestic CEO said...

I'm thrilled . . . and only a little scared.